Wednesday, August 11, 2010

What's Up

I realize that last week I posted a Wordless Wednesday but it was really Thursday. I definitely had my days mixed up. Maybe I'll change the title.

My mil is recovering in the hospital from her surgery. It's a slow recovery. She had hoped to be back here by today or tomorrow but it will be at least a few more days.

We had our neighbors over for dinner on Monday night. We really enjoyed a chance to get to know them better. Our kids play together very well.

The kids and I have had two very lazy days. They both woke up yesterday not feeling well with sore throats and Precise Prince had a stomach ache. I knew they were a little off but I thought a day of rest (yesterday) was all that was needed. They had extra screen time (our way of saying computer, video games and/or TV), we made sun catchers and played a game and just had a quiet day. (I did manage to not be completely lazy and got some laundry done and a few other chores.) Today, however, they both woke up obviously not feeling well. Creative Princess came into our bedroom in the middle of the night coughing, and sneezing. Precise Prince had body aches off and on all day, alternated between feeling hot and cold and just didn't feel well. Hopefully, they are both better tomorrow.

World Traveler starts a two week vacation on Friday. We are actually hoping to go camping-in a tent. If you know me well, you know that I do NOT tent camp. I have always joked that we can go camping at my sister's house. (The sister who lives on a lake.) They can pitch the tent in their yard and I will sleep in the house. LOL

I actually have a few good memories of camping growing up--but we had an RV. I loved playing in the woods and being creative. My kids love playing in the woods and being outside and I know they would enjoy camping.

So hopefully, we will get to go. It will depend on my mil and how well she is recovering from her surgery. We won't go if she needs us--she is way more important. Besides, we can always go in September when the kids go back to school. World Traveler has more vacation time.

No comments: