Thursday, August 19, 2010

Are you ready for school?

I'm not!  This summer has flown by.  I know a lot of it is having the added responsibility of caring for my mother-in-law which I wouldn't trade at all! (well, I would trade for her to be healthy and ok, of course.)  She is still in the hospital and probably will be for another week.  I sure hope she gets to come back next week and that healing will quicken now.  It is not fun to see a loved family member go through so much. 

My house is so messy and unorganized.  It's only been about a month since we cleaned out Creative Princess's room but you can't tell now.  How does that girl accumulate so much?  Her biggest challenge is paper.  She is always drawing, writing books, and making things out of paper.  There just isn't enough room in her bedroom for it all.  Of course, every piece is "special" so trying to get rid of it is not easy (but I do!)

Precise Prince keeps his room looking cleaner but he has the tendency to shove things in his closet and under his bed, desk and bedside table. 

TOO MUCH STUFF!  Yes, I yelled. 

So, I am going to set an example for the kids.  I'm always telling them to get rid of things and put things away when you are finished with it.  Our den isn't exactly a great example.  Yes, it's small for all the stuff in it, but it is possible to have it more organized and clean.  So, I am going to start today.  I will take everything out of my den (wait, not everything, just all the stuff on the desk and in the middle of the room.)  I will then dust, organize, clean and get rid of stuff.  My goal is to make this the biggest "get rid of stuff" I've ever done in the day.  Pray for me.

After the den, I will tackle the kids' rooms.  I just hope that this time we can make it stick better.  How can I start school when I feel like I can barely walk through the playroom?  I just do not like the chaos. 

Oh and the downstairs is a mess right now, but that doesn't take more than half a day to get in shape.  Each room upstairs will take a day in itself.

I was going to post about this year's curriculum (shudder) but I will save that for another post.

No comments: