Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Food update

I have been using Nutrisystem food for about 4 weeks now.  When I signed up, I went ahead and ordered the women's favorite package.  That was recommended so that I could try a variety of things and find what I like.  I discovered that yes, I am a picky eater.  (There were a few foods I thought I'd like that I didn't and most of the foods I didn't think I would like-well, I was right, I didn't like them.  But there were a few things that surprised me and I liked them.)  Sadly, I didn't really care for a lot of the food.  But that is ok.  My next order ships tomorrow and this time I picked the foods I like!

The goal of using Nutrisystem is not just to lose weight but to make better choices.  I have not been eating many of the dinners.  When I cook for the family (or when World Traveler cooks) I eat what everyone else is.  The difference is that I make sure my plate is more vegetables than carbs.

If I have a craving, I will eat what I want.  I still need to be better on portion control when it comes to anything chocolate, but I'm still doing way better than four weeks ago.

So far, I think I've lost 7 pounds.  I'm not completely sure because half way through the first week, I bought a new scale.  Our old one was not working (I would stand on it three times in three minutes and get three different weights.)

What I like is that I am more conscious of what I'm eating, overall I am making better choices and when I do a good job of eating appropriate protein, I don't feel too hungry.  I have had a few days of hunger pains where I would think "Forget it, this isn't worth it."  But I have managed through it.  I gave into and overate once or twice, but even then it was still less than before.

So, progress is good.  I don't care if I only lose 1/2 pound a week.  The goal is to go down and not up.

No comments: