Sunday, August 29, 2010

My Blonde Moment

World Traveler insisted I share this on my blog and since if it were him, I would probably share it, it's only fair I share my own "duh" moments.

We just got a new dishwasher installed.  (On a side note:  if you want a new dishwasher because the one you have really is lousy, just ask your husband to help you with the dishes while he is on vacation.  When he unloads the dishwasher and sees how the glasses are cloudy and you end up having to re-wash (by hand) several dishes because they didn't get clean (and don't forget that in the past year you've had to have the dishwasher fixed three times-the second two times at no extra cost because you bought the additional one warranty on the work that was done the first time) you're husband will then say "we need a new dishwasher."  You will do everything in your power not to say "I told you so," but it won't work-you will tell him, "honey, I have been saying that for awhile now," in a loving voice.)

Now, onto my blonde moment.  I filled up the dishwasher before church this morning.  Since we don't like to run it when we are not home, I put soap in it after church and pressed the normal wash button.  I walked by the dishwasher a few minutes later and noticed that there were no pretty lights on the dishwasher.  So, thinking maybe I hadn't pressed it completely, I pressed it again, made sure the lights when on and finished making my lunch.  I look at the dishwasher--no more pretty lights.  "Aargh!  Honey, I turned the dishwasher on and it isn't working.  This has got to be a joke.  It's brand new."  My dear, sweet husband walks over, looks at the buttons and says "you pushed start, right?"  "Ummm, no."  We both laugh and he hugs me and says, "Nice blonde moment.  You must put this on your blog." 

How can I resist not making fun of myself.  It was funny, after all.

No comments: