Monday, July 26, 2010

Catching Up

World Traveler's dad and his wife have been here in the States for three weeks. They went home yesterday. While they were here we went bowling, went to my husband's sister's for a BBQ, walked around a nearby city and just spent some time together. World Traveler and his dad made fish cakes (a traditional Norwegian dish) and Precise Prince was quite happy. He loves them too. Creative Princess and I however, do not!

The kids and I started a new review for the TOS crew. One thing I want to work on with both kids this year is cursive writing and the review is for a cursive writing program. Perfect!

My mil had a doctor's appointment today and goes in for a major surgery on Thursday. This is a surgery she was expecting and is happy to get it over with. Pray that surgery goes well and she recovers easily.

We went to a local carnival on Saturday. It was hot and crowded and we didn't stay long but the kids got to do a few rides and games. I got a Juega tatoo. (I think that is how it is written. It's like a henna tatoo, but a darker color.) It's a flower on my forearm. I would never consider a permanent tatoo but it's fun to do something a little different every once in a while.

The kids have spent time playing outside with friends and enjoying the weather. We are all enjoying the nicer weather.

No comments: