Sunday, July 18, 2010

Nick Names

I just changed the nick names I gave my kids. We were talking in the car yesterday while we were out and about with World Traveler's dad and his wife. My son had just purchased a compass and was telling us how many degrees west or east we were. So we joked with him about how precise he is and I mentioned that I was going to nickname him Precise Prince on my blog but I was concerned it would hurt his feelings. He said "no, it wouldn't" and told me he liked it. So he is now my Precise Prince on the blog.

Of course, my daughter asked me what her nick name was. She didn't like it and took offense at it. Now, the reason I had chosen drama princess had more to do with the fact that she loves acting, singing and performing. I explained that to her but she still didn't like it (yes, we have told her she was a drama queen once or twice so that is probably why she didn't like it.) So I have changed her to Creative Princess. That actually does fit her better as she loves all things art.

My husband is World Traveler because he does travel for work occasionally and he enjoys traveling.

It was actually difficult to come up with nicknames. I just am not much of a nick name person I guess.

No comments: