Friday, July 30, 2010

30 day challenge update

I missed reading 3 days this week. But when I do read, I love it. Exercise, well, not doing so well there. I did do some purposeful walking last Saturday but I didn't do much else.

Right now I am just feeling a little overwhelmed with everything. I am trying to get things ready for school in the fall-I will be facilitating two co-op's although one of them it looks like there will be only one family joining us (it will still be fun!) My mother-in-law's surgery that she was supposed to have last Thursday had to be postponed. In addition, she had to have more tests and more doctor visits. Now my mom has gallstones and might have to have her gallbladder removed. (Pray that she doesn't.)

Hubby and I are working on what our priorities are for our family. We are figuring out what we can get rid of and what we may add to our schedule without over committing. We both also agree that we need to be better examples to our children in many ways.

World Traveler had some blood tests done recently to check for food intolerances and allergies. He got his results this week and needs to really change some of his eating habits. One thing that showed up was an allergy to milk. Really? Well, at least we've had a year of no food issues in this house.

I got upset with the kids today when I told them they needed to clean their rooms and the playroom. I ended up lecturing them for too long. Sigh. I am unhappy with our house right now. In my head I want to organize everything and get rid of things-lots of things. I have done a little bit here and there but it isn't enough and then I get lazy and quickly things go back to being unorganized, messy and I'm frustrated again. I need to just find 3 days and go through the whole house, without my kids home. It would be great if World Traveler would be here to help though. We could get a lot done. He does have some vacation time coming up and we are not going anywhere. Hopefully we will get some things done!

On the other hand, I shouldn't allow a messy house dictate my mood. I need to learn to deal with the chaos around me without getting frustrated with it. God has been working with me on this and I have seen improvement over the years. I know that I lean on my strength and not on God often enough. Honestly, I don't really know how to lean on God's strength. I'm not really sure what that means.

I do not mean to sound like I'm whining. There is much good going on right now too. I'm excited for the co-op's-it's something the kids and I both enjoy. I really like getting to know my mother-in-law better. Hopefully the food changes in our house will help us eat healthier. On Monday I finished my two week challenge of not eating any chocolate and it went really well! I have a little bit of chocolate left over from this week. Once it's gone tomorrow, I am going to do a three week on chocolate challenge. The weather has been wonderful. I love the sun and the cool mornings. I have only one more day to scrapbook for last year's Europe trip! The family has been staying healthy. We enjoyed the visit from my husband's dad and his wife.

God is good always. So yes, right now, I am feeling challenged but I am also feeling loved and blessed and cared for.

2 comments:

Amber said...

Yes, Rachel you do have a lot going on... I am praying for you my sister.

That is great that you are enjoying your bible reading so much! And even exercising once a week great. Baby steps are better then no steps.

I want to recommend a great post that the Stay at home Missionary blog recently linked to her blog. You should go check it out. Its about bringing the Gods glory in to all the mundane stuff we do everyday. Just Google stay at home missionary and you will find it :)

Rachel said...

Thanks Amber. I've seen this blog before and it is a good inspiration.