Wednesday, July 14, 2010

30 Day Challenge: Day 24

My friend Amber started a 30 Day Challenge almost 30 days ago. I got in a little late so today is day 24 for me.

My goal for these thirty days was to read the Bible daily. It's something I like doing but I get slack about. I always learn something when I do read. In order to keep track, I've been posting on my blog every day or two what I've read. It is much easier for me to keep track this way. So today I read Proverbs 24 and 25 and Isaiah 7.

I also want to share my last post I wrote about what I read:

Proverbs 23: 20 Be not among drunkards or among gluttonous eaters of meat, 21 for the drunkard and the glutton will come to poverty, and slumber will clothe them with rags.Wow! That hit me hard. Solomon is saying that the glutton and drunk are the same (in a way.) I think our society thinks of gluttony as a minor sin, if at all. Gluttony is wrong. I am a glutton and struggle with it! I think I will be posting these verses up to remind me. It can be so easy to look at the alcoholic and think "Thank you God I dont' have that problem" without looking at the plank in my own eye.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog on the blog walk and leaving a comment! You should (1) join in on the Thursday meme I have called Walking With Jesus...it has to do with posting what verse(s) have been your strength thru the week...anyway, check it out sometime and (2) add "google friend connect" so we can follow your blog! Looking forward to seeing you "on deck"!