Saturday, July 24, 2010

30 Day Challenge

I was supposed to update yesterday, but forgot. This week was a little off. World Traveler had Wednesday off so Thursday felt like Monday and Wednesday felt like Saturday and today feels like any day but Saturday. Weird.

1-Bible: read Tues-Thurs. I didn't read last night. I finished up Proverbs and have decided to move to Corinthians. I have given up on Isaiah for now. I need to be a bit more focused for that. I am finding that reading my Bible daily (almost anyway) really helps me cope with things. I struggle a lot with feeling God's presence in my life-I have for a long time. (It has nothing to do with what He does or doesn't do for me.) Even though I don't feel God's presence the way I would like to, I know He is there and reading His Word does guide me closer to him.

2-Exercise. I am failing in this area big time. Let's see, I walked with Precise Prince for about 20 minutes during Creative Princess's gymnastics on Tuesday. That's it. Nothing Wed, Thurs or Fri. We bowled on Wed. but I did nothing to make it purposeful exercise. My goal is to be purposeful.

How hard can this be? Well, I have excuses. I get up intending to exercise before a shower. Then by the time I get to the shower, I realize that I didn't exercise. So I just forget it. Yes, things are strange around here. I don't always know until 9:00 who will be showing up at what time (conerning the nurses and therapists for my mother-in-law.) So I will need to renew this part of the challenge and try to figure out a way to make this happen. (I did get some walking in today.)

1 comment:

Amber said...

Finding a way to make exercise fit is tough to start. Especially when you got so much other stuff that needs your attention. Keep trying to find the time girl. Make it your time...you won't regret it! :)