Friday, January 21, 2011

Reality will hit me

Yesterday I went in for an ultrasound to confirm the due date on the baby.  Having highly irregular cycles I can't just trust them to date a pregnancy.  The ultrasound gave me a due date of August 22nd, however, the doctor said that there is an error rate +/- 10 days so when it's within 10 days they keep the original due date.  So my due date is still August 15th.  I'm fine with the date, I'm just hoping my morning sickness stays in line with an August 15th due date and I'm done by the 13th week.

Seeing the baby on the ultrasound and seeing the heartbeat so strong (172) made this pregnancy a bit more of a reality.  I got a couple of tears watching.  However, complete reality is still alluding me.  It's still not completely sinking in that in approximately 7 more months, I will be holding my own baby in my arms.  I will be a mom of three, not two. 

No comments: