Thursday, January 13, 2011

Children's Museum

For two years or so, Creative Princess has asked to visit the Children's Museum.  There always seemed to be a reason to postpone it.  Last week the kids and I were talking about something and the subject of ice skating came up-another thing we've been wanting to do for awhile.  After talking a bit, I said, "Ok, if I am feeling well enough on Thursday, we'll go ice skating."  Sometime in the next few days, the Children's Museum also came up. 

Well, yesterday was not a good day for me.  I felt sick all day-getting only a very short break from the morning sickness.  I thought "there is no way I can take the kids anywhere if I feel like this."  We talked about today and I told them I could do the Children's Museum if I was feeling well but that ice skating would be too hard for me right now. 

I am so thankful that after a tough morning, I started feeling better.   The kids and I headed to the Children's Museum.  I had asked the kids last week if they wanted me to invite the homeschool group on our outing and they both said "no."  I'm glad we decided to make it a day for just us.  I really enjoyed the time with the kids.  They did a great job being patient with the younger kids at the museum.  We were able to spend a little time in all the areas they wanted to go. 

Yes, the house is a mess still-there are lots of boxes left to unpack.  Yes, we didn't complete any official schoolwork today.  But it was so worth it! 

1 comment:

mpence said...

Sounds like it was a good day! I think it is important to have those kinds of days - the kind where you just get to play!