Friday, July 16, 2010

Week in Review

(I have given my family nick-names for my blog. My husband is World Traveler, my son is Precise Prince and my daugher is Creative Princess. For those who read my last blog, this is a change I wanted to mention so this post makes more sense.)


We had a nice week spent mostly at home. On Monday, the kids hung out with Denise and her kids while I took my mil to the doctor. She didn't get a date for the surgery but the doctor said she is doing well and we'll go back in two weeks to see if she is ready for surgery. (She was in a car accident in March and has some internal injuries in addition to many broken bones that are on the mend.)

The kids played outside a lot this week with friends. It was nice to see how well the kids all played and I love that they got some much needed outside time. Sometimes I don't think I allow them to play outside enough.

We had my great niece on Thursday and I took the kids to the library that morning. Creative Princess spent most of Thursday reading and said she finished all the books she got. Now if I can get her to read some more difficult books. :-)

Monday was also our anniversary. The World Traveler and I went out to dinner-alone! As usual, we enjoyed our time together!

The kids found some bugs on our front yard tree that they didn't know what they were. So Precise Prince asked me to get all of our insect and bug books for the boys to try to figure out what they were. I looked up orange and black bugs on the computer and between all of us, we believe the bugs are ladybug larvae.



The boys (my son and some friends) found a nest in our back yard (at least, I think that was this week. Maybe it was last week. LOL) The nest is in the ground next to our house. We also have a nest in our hanging plant out front.



And of course, Creative Princess had gymnastics and we had visits from the therapists, nurse and nurses aid for mil. So overall, a busy but productive week.

No comments: