Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Beautiful Blogger




(I had this on my old blog and wanted to be sure to recognize my friends here.)

An award? My first. Denise, you are way too kind! Thank you! I met Denise through the AWANA program at our church several years ago. She invited me to a Creative Memories gig and we have been friends ever since. In addition, our boys are the bestest of friends. She is a blessing to know. She is kind and always willing to help me out when I need a last minute babysitter. She has a great love for the Lord as well.

Here are the rules:

1) Add a link and note of thanks to the person giving the award
2) Pass the award on to the bloggers whose blogs you love (15 tops)
3) Share 7 things about yourself


So here are 7 things about me:

1-I lived in Japan for about three years when I was a little girl. My baby sister was born there. Apparently I spoke Japanese quite well with some of the neighborhood kids but now, I can tell you how to say 1-10 in Japanese and a few other words-that's it.

2-I worked in banking for over 6 years and dealt with 3 robberies during that time. The first time, I was the teller who was robbed. The guy was caught because of his stupidity. He was playing around in his car in a parking lot when the police stopped him. The police who stopped him thought he looked like the description I had given from the robbery so she asked him if she could look in his wallet. He let her and the note he used for the robbery was still there. The second robbery was a different teller. The third however, was a takeover in which the thief shot a hole in the roof and at the teller line. I was not a teller at the time so I was at a desk. That was very scary!

3-Now that the cool stuff is over here's the mundane info. I nursed our daughter for 26 months because of her food allergies. No one I knew at the time had nursed that long and although I felt a bit strange, I was and am so glad I stuck it out.

4-This one isn't about me but my husband speaks Norwegian (ok, this may be too much info but I find it sexy.)

5-I have not driven on a freeway in about 15 years or so. I get panic attacks.

6-The main reason I don't wear makeup regularly is that it is too much effort. The other reason is that I don't like feeling fake and wearing it daily makes me feel that way. I do however, enjoy wearing on occasion and especially when I get some one on one time with my husband.

7-I'm a very emotional person and cry very easily. It can be frustrating when I really don't want to cry and seem like I'm manipulating a situation. I just can't help the tears sometime.

Here is my list of Beautiful Bloggers (in no particular order.) This was hard but I have chosen my friends who have blogged recently. So if I didn't nominate you, it's only because you need to blog more. :-)

Amber at A Little Bit of Amber: A dear, sweet friend from church. Amber is a fellow homeschooling mom. She is one of the most upbeat people I know and I so appreciate it! (Amber, that doesn't mean you're not allowed to have down days.)

Heather at Hey You, It's Me: Heather is another dear, sweet friend from church. I am amazed at how often she writes a post and I think, "me too."

Bina at A Branch in the Vine: Once again, a dear, sweet church friend. Bina and I have one big thing in common-we are both married to Norwegians. In addition, God has blessed Bina with a gift of writing and biblical insight.

Michelle at My life as a helpmeet and homeschooling mom of many: Michelle and I joined the same homeschool group within just a few months of each other. Michelle has been through a lot in her life and she is always praising God through her trials. Such an inspiration.

Aleah at Four Giggling Monkeys: Aleah is a neighbor who I am happy to call a friend. She is also a homeschooler and our children enjoy playing together. Aleah has recently been dealing with issues I have been through and although I wish she wasn't going through those issues, I am happy to support her when/if I can and it is nice to know I'm not the only one.

Hmmm....after writing this I am going to have to go through the rest of my blog list and write a little bit about how special they are, even if they haven't updated their blogs in awhile. :-)

2 comments:

Pink Slippers said...

RACHEL! I worked as a teller during two bank robberies and one bomb threat! I was also the victim teller in one and we had a take over in the other...unbelievable! Hmmm...very strange. I am so sorry you struggle from panic attacks, I went through the same thing, even not driving the freeways, but Praise God, I am now healed of that! (Well, I still get an occasional panic attack, but I am free to drive the freeways now!) What a small world huh?

mpence said...

Oh, that is so sweet! Thank you so much!