Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A Little Unschooling

Here's a bit of "unschooling" occurring in our house right now.

Creative Princess was putting away laundry in my bedroom. She said she heard a noise. I went with her and what I heard was birds outside. She said that wasn't the sound. Then she remembered the book I just bought this weekend at Costco. It is a book about birds and has a sound piece on the end. You choose a bird you want to hear, press the button and you hear a recording of that bird. It's a book that can easily be enjoyed by adults as well as kids.

Creative Princess got the book and set it up so it goes through all the bird sounds in order. She is listening to it while drawing pictures of birds (mostly ducks I think). She is then cutting out the birds and using a brad to attach the heads and bodies so they can bob their heads down to get food.

I love it when my kids are creative. I love when they find something educational and run with it.

No comments: