Sunday, March 13, 2011

Day 19: write about a sweet memory from your past

One of the memories that makes me feel so loved is at Christmas time when Precise Prince was 3 or 4 years old.  He went shopping with dad for a Christmas gift for me.  When they arrived home, Precise Prince gave me a hug and said "Mom, do you want to know what you're getting for Christmas?"  I said, "No, I want it to be a surprise."  He thought for a minute then said "Mom, do you really want slippers for Christmas?"  How could I not laugh (in a good way.)  Too cute.

Christmas morning came and Precise Prince opened his stocking and played with the toys left out (unwrapped).  When it was time to open the presents under the tree, he was told he could pass out the presents.  I fully expected him to find one of his presents first.  He was hunting for something specific.  He pulled out a gift and brought it to me, very excited.  "Mom, open my gift."  He was truly excited to give me a gift.  I still get tears in my eyes thinking of how sweet my little man was.  (and still is.)

No comments: