Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Struggling morning and the baby's area

The plan was to take Creative Princess to gymnastics today.  The weekend was fairly busy but I've been feeling ok.  I haven't been able to do much walking at once and standing for more than a minute or two in one place is very uncomfortable, but I haven't been having the cramping I was getting last week and the pressure on my stomach has been better.  Unfortunately, this morning the pressure returned and I could barely walk. 

I decided to force myself to do a few things.  I got the kids started on school and chores and took a shower.  I had to sit on the side of the bathtub as soon as I was done.  But I kept going.  After eating a snack, I had the kids help me with putting away the last of the baby things.  World Traveler got the crib put together this weekend.  It has a changing table attached to the side with a few shelves and under the crib is a drawer.  The kids and I put away the blankets, sheets, diapers and various other little items that were strewn about.  Then I let the kids put the wall decorations on the wall.  They did a pretty good job. 

I got a nap in after the cleaning and am starting to feel better.  The plan is to make raspberry freezer jam this afternoon. 

3 comments:

Becki said...

So pretty! You are almost there, soon your little bundle will be cuddled in your arms :)

Lanita said...

When is your little one due?? What a cute crib and changing table.

Rachel said...

Lanita, I had her the morning you posted this. :-) I'll be updating the blog in the next couple of days.