Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Catching Up

Here goes another catch up post.  I intend to stay more updated but I always think I want to have pictures and I haven't been taking many nor have I been putting the pictures I take on the computer in a timely manner so I'll just post a quick update.

I am officially finished with the TOS review crew.  I plan to do one last post in the next week or two highlighting some of our favorite products we reviewed.  Now that we are done, I am working to get us back on schedule with regular school stuff-whatever that means.  So far, we're not there yet. 

I've also ordered the test for the kids.  I expect to get them next week.  The kids don't mind the testing.  It is fun to see how they do from year to year but I go in with the mind that the tests mean only a little.  It doesn't really tell me what they have learned.  The test tells me whether or not they can take a test, and if what they know is what the school systems expect them to know.  I already know the areas of concern for my kids and what areas are their strengths. 

This week we are having new windows installed throughout the house.  My house is a disaster!  I am so ready to feel like we are moved in.  I haven't felt that at all yet.  After the windows, we have  couple of things left to do in our bedroom and we should be done with this years major changes.  My goal is to have the house put together by the end of next week.  Precise Prince and I started on his bedroom and we're over half way finished.  His is the last room in need of major organizational help from mom.

Next weekend Precise Prince starts baseball playoffs.  Creative Princess also has her gymnastics show.  She is so excited but also nervous.  She wasn't nervous for any of the competitions though.  She said it is because they practiced the routines more and she doesn't have the show routine memorized yet.  I am sure she will do fine.  She sure loves to perform in front of people.

Last weekend one of my great nieces was baptized.  It was fun to get together with the whole family.  It's been so crazy that I haven't been seeing my family as much.  Next month my youngest niece turns one and we'll be getting together again.

The pregnancy is going well.  The worst of the morning sickness seems to have passed.  I still have occasional bouts of nausea but they don't last all day and aren't as severe.  I'm very thankful for that!  I am still tired a lot and need a nap almost every day.  I just started iron supplements so I'm hoping that will help.  Yesterday was a tough day.  I was so exhausted and felt bad and apparently my hormones did not like me!  Poor hubby-I think I spent half the day crying over nothing.  Alas, he is great and is very understanding knowing that this is temporary. 

We're not ready for the baby yet, but we're getting closer, I think.  Next weekend we were hoping to get a dresser so I can get all the clothes my sister gave me organized.  With Precise Prince's baseball games and Creative Princess's gymnastics show,  I'm not sure that will happen. 

I'm sure there is more but I can't think of anything right now.

No comments: