Friday, February 25, 2011

Just an update

A large part of why I keep a blog is so that I can look back over it to remember what we've been up to.  As much I love scrapbooking, I'm slow at it.  It's much faster to type out a quick post here and there on a blog.

I will be 16 weeks pregnant on Monday.  I was hoping that by this time, the morning sickness would be gone, but alas, it isn't.  It has improved but I still feel bad when I wake up in the morning and it takes food and time to start feeling better.  The evenings can be pretty tough too.  Some evenings all I can do is lay on the couch and watch TV that doesn't require me to think (HGTV mostly).  Most nights I'm in bed by 9:30 or 10:00 and fall asleep quickly.  I don't miss the insomnia I would occasionally get.  I am up several times in the night for a bathroom break but I'm usually able to fall right back to sleep.  I try to make sure I get a nap in every day.  It really helps me-it only takes a 30-60 minute nap to help.

Although we aren't getting as much school done as normal, we are keeping up with the most important things.  I've adjusted a bit and have the kids doing more on their own than I used to have them do.  They are old enough but I miss reading and working with them. 

This week was a quiet week.  Creative Princess had a cold so we skipped gymnastics on Tuesday.  On Thursday, I wasn't about to figure out if there was ice on the roads so we stayed home.  (I didn't want to end up stuck somewhere.)

We did get a bit of snow on Wednesday.  I let the kids go out in the AM and I'm glad I did.  By noon it was mostly gone.  The weather was weird that day-rain, snow, hail.










No comments: