Monday, April 18, 2011

April in review--so far

I actually started this post last week.  But I wanted to add pictures and never got around to it so I figure I'll just add to the post and make it a review of our April so far.

I want to share our April Fool's.  The kids and I thought it would be fun to make a meal for World Traveler.  So off to the Family Fun website I went and I found some things I thought I could actually pull off.  We made peas from Airheads-Creative Princess made most of these.  Precise Prince worked on the fish sticks and I made the french fries



World Traveler came home and we weren't quite finished with dinner so we send him upstairs to change.  At this point, he had no idea something was up.  We all sat down to eat and of course World Traveler asked questions.  "What kind of fish sticks are these?  How did you make the fries?"--something like that.  The kids had been giggling off and on but still, he wasn't too suspicious. However, I started giggling.  I could not stop.  He asked the kids "who would like to do prayer tonight?"  I couldn't stop laughing.  He knew something was up.  I had to confess.  It was a fun evening.  The kids loved having dessert for dinner.  I had real fish sticks and sweet potato fries in the oven so we had those as well.


The other thing I was to share is the wonderful weekend World Traveler and I had.  My mom picked the kids up Friday afternoon after work and took them for the weekend.  (They had a blast with grandma and her boyfriend. Dinner out on Friday, breakfast out on Saturday, videos games, Pictionary, movies...)  World Traveler and I headed downtown to a hotel for a weekend alone and away from the house.

Friday night was dinner at a Thai place and then a little shopping and back to the hotel.  Saturday was busy.  We shared a crepe for breakfast.  Then it was off to an art supply store to look for some art for the house.  We didn't find anything but enjoyed looking.  Next it was off to the soccer game.  It was the first I've been to.  I must say, I never knew soccer was so comical.  It was funny to see the guys pretend to fall and be hurt.  We had a lady (term used loosely) about 4 rows behind us who was screaming at the top of her lungs throughout the game.  It was actually more like screeching.  Yes, fans yell, but most of the people around us looked at this lady like she needed help.  The game was fun and I would definitely go to a game again.



After the soccer game, we had an early dinner reservation so we went to the hotel to change and go to dinner.  Then we ended up going to a movie.  Unfortunately, I started feeling unwell during the movie so we stopped to get something to eat.  It was an outdoor crepe place.  I ordered a crepe with eggs, spinach, herb butter and cheese.  The poor girl asked if I wanted it on a plate, in a box or in a napkin ready to eat.  I started crying.  Really?  I was so nauseous that I couldn't think so I cried.  Of course, once I wiped the tears we all laughed.  After I ate we went back to the hotel.  It was early-9:00 so we turned on the TV.  World Traveler watched a documentary about Lincoln's assassination-I was asleep by 10:00.

Sunday was simply breakfast and a trip to Bed, Bath and Beyond before heading home to get the kids.  The weekend was so nice.  We really enjoyed the chance to talk uninterrupted.

This last week we went with some friends to the Science Center.  They had a Star Wars exhibit.  Sadly, my camera did not take good pictures but I will be getting some from our friend, Dean who takes awesome pictures.  If I remember, I'll add a few to this post later but no promises.





This last weekend my sister came over with a bunch of baby stuff for us to borrow.  I'm so thankful!  As I walked through our bedroom to get ready for bed last night, I saw the stuff laying around and got a twinge of excitement for this baby.  By the time she is ready to come, I believe I will really be ready for her!

Then World Traveler's sister came over for dinner.  Her birthday is today so we had a steak dinner for it yesterday.  It was a very fun evening.

No comments: