Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Changes

I currently mentioned that we would be going through some changes around here that I wasn't ready to mention.  Now that we have met with our real estate agent, I will share what we are looking at.

The next two weeks will be filled with getting our house ready to put on the market.  We will be looking for a house (in the area) with a mother-in-law apartment.  World Traveler's mom will  be renting the m-i-l apartment. 

I feel very blessed that this is something we can do.  We are also going in knowing that there is a possibility that things could change, especially with the housing market.  But I know that it is all in God's hand and whatever happens will be fine.

I have mixed feelings about this.  On the one hand, I love moving.  Let me clarify that-I enjoy looking for a new place, unpacking and decorating and starting with a clean slate.  I love getting rid of all the unnecessary crap stuff.  Moving is the best type of spring cleaning.  On the other hand, we have friends in the neighborhood-friends for my kids that I really like, I don't like the end of packing and the actual part where we have to physically move everything.  (I actually enjoy the beginning parts of packing-that's the easy stuff.  At the end it's all the weird shaped and hard to pack items.)  I don't mind the cleaning too much.  That may be strange, but cleaning isn't too bad when all the stuff is out of the way.

We do have quite a bit to do to get ready to sell the house.  There are some minor things that need fixing and of course, lots of clearing out to do.  I'm not looking forward to some of this.  I have to pack away most of my scrapbook stuff so it will be awhile before I will be scrapping and card making. 

So the next few weeks will be busy but it will all work out in the end.

No comments: