Monday, September 20, 2010

Catching Up

I haven't posted much lately because we have been busy.  Last week was crazy.  I spent quite a bit of time making up for being sick the previous week.  I had a homeschool meeting, Creative Princess had gymnastics, we have a new tile backsplash going into the kitchen--we're not doing, we hired a friend, (which I've been wanting for two years-now we will be moving LOL), the kids and I had two co-op classes last week-KONOS and Apologia science, plus regular chores and packing up.  A dear friend came over on Wednesday and helped pack and organize-she's coming back this afternoon.  World Traveller and I didn't get quite as much done as I thought we would this weekend, but we got a lot done and I'm feeling good with it.  With my friend coming today, we will probably have 85% of everything finished.

I love having the house in ready to show condition.  I said if we end up not moving for whatever reason, things aren't being unpacked quickly-one box at a time with lots of things going bye-bye!  We have managed to get some things in the give away pile but because we want the house ready to sell by the end of the week, I'm not taking a lot of time with giving things away-just the things that I know we don't need or want.

I'm feeling like we can start getting back into a good routine around here.  The kids and I have finished school today (we got an unusually early start).  I'm taking a short break and then I'm going to start packing and more cleaning.  I have some errands to run and some time today the hospital will call for me to pick up my mother-in-law.  She went in for a test that takes half a day.  My own mom had her gall bladder removed on Friday.  Her boyfriend took her for the surgery and has taken care of her this weekend.  I went and saw her yesterday and she is doing fine!  She looks good.  One of my other sister's was there when I was and I said we were going to pop her stitches making her laugh so much!

No comments: