Monday, July 23, 2012

Catching Up

I would really like to get back to blogging semi regularly.  I love looking at old posts and remembering what we have done.

Little One is 11 months old and it has been so fun to see her growing.  The big kids absolutely adore her and I love it!  Both have stepped up their responsibility.  Oh, they still complain, but it isn't as often now.  Precise Prince says he loves to watch Little One when I don't ask but doesn't like it as much when I ask.  I just laugh at that.

Little One crawls on her feet and hands (as opposed to using her knees) most of the time.  She started that when she made her way to our slate flooring.  It's too hard on the knees. 



Precise Prince and Creative Princess can sure get Little One to laugh.  I'll have to get it on video.  So much fun.

The big kids and I are really enjoying having a summer break (even if the weather isn't very cooperative.)  I really burned out on school last year.  I have always been a hands on teacher and with Little One in the mix, I wasn't very hands on.  Mostly I assigned work to the kids, they did it on their own and then I corrected it.  Boring!  I was wondering if I was ever going to get motivated for next year.  The motivation is coming very slowly but at least I see glimpses of it.  I think I'll be ready by September.

Saturday was family camping with my very extended family-sisters, cousins, their families...  World Traveller won the ladder ball competition last year with one of my cousins so they had to try to defend their title.  Alas, it wasn't to be-they were out before the final round.  We all had a good time and I am so glad that Little One handled the car ride pretty well.  She has never been one to like the car so long car rides tend to be stressful. 












A few weeks ago, the big kids tried to have a camp out in our yard.  They made it until about 2:30am.  To be fair, I had World Traveller go wake them and bring them in the house because it was thundering and lightening out.  



We went to the Great Wolf Lodge back in May before the schools got out.  That was a blast.  We just took our time and even I had some fun on the slides.  Little One enjoyed the water but it really flared her eczema so we kept her out of it for the last day.









No comments: