Monday, October 17, 2011

Sleep, vaccinations, a rough night and dinner out

For the past week and a half, Little One's sleep patterns haven't been so great.  She went about a week of only sleeping a max of two to two and a half hours at a time with even more one hour stretches.  Not fun.  The past three nights have improved with a three or four hour stretch to start with.  But after that, she wakes a lot with not even two hour stretches. Saturday night, her first stretch was 4 hours but I couldn't sleep.  Really?  I was exhausted.  I do believe it's because I had a Coke Zero in the afternoon.  To top it off, when Little One did wake to nurse, I was in the middle of a panic attack.  I woke up World Traveler who helped me through.  He changed Little One's diaper and burped her.  When she woke next (only an hour later) I was ok and able to handle her on my own.

On the 13th Little One had her two month check up.  We are going with select vaccines on an alternative schedule.  We'll be choosing to say no to some vac's and she won't get more than 2 vaccinations per month.  Honestly, I really don't understand the AAP recommending 5 vaccinations at one time for an infant.  Vaccinations are medication.  I could say a lot more on this, but I don't have time to type that much.  I am not against vaccinating, just against doing it blindly.  Enough said.  (If you have researched and feel good about your own choice to vaccinate on the AAP schedule then I support you!)

There have been a few times in the past two months World Traveler has suggested eating dinner out as a family.  I have vetoed the idea.  Little One was too fussy for that.  On Sunday however, I felt up to it. Little One has become a pretty content little baby as long as she has a full belly and isn't tired.  So we headed to Red Robin after running an errand and I'm so happy it was a success.  I nursed her just before our meal came and she happily sat in her car seat looking at the reflections on the sky lights.  I was able to eat and we enjoyed a nice meal.

No comments: