Saturday, October 29, 2011

Reflux, the Pumpkin Patch and Pictures

Little One has reflux.  It's fairly common I believe and usually it's simply a laundry issue.  All the spitting up has increased the laundry around here a ton.  However, her reflux has gotten worse and a few nights ago I woke up to her choking.  No parent wants to wake up to that.  In addition, she's been congested and coughing.  No fever and no other symptoms of having a cold.  So off to the doctor we went.  She starting taking Zantac 2 days ago.  It takes about 2 weeks to take full effect but already I think we're seeing a difference.  She's coughing less, no choking last night and it even seems she's spitting up less.  I am hoping the medication is actually whats working.  I absolutely hate giving babies medication but I'm also very thankful that there are medications that truly can help our little ones. 

Last weekend we headed to a local pumpkin patch.  The cost to do their activities was $9 per person.  Ridiculous in our opinion.  Especially since Precise Prince didn't really care if we did activities and with me carrying Little One in a sling, I wasn't going to be doing anything but watching.  So we headed off to a place that was further away but had some free activities.  The activities were geared to younger kids but it was enough to satisfy Creative Princess who really did want to do some activities.  This weekend we'll be carving the pumpkins the kids picked out.
















I laid her down to wash my hands and she was happy so I worked on getting a few dishes done.  She fell asleep.

Two beautiful girls!

No comments: